Re: initial stream id from a client

Jeff,

With all due respect, I don't think we can consider HTTP/2.0 upgrade an "outlier". I rather suspect that it will get used quite often when a) security of the communications channel is not a concern and b) existing usage makes wholesale adoption of HTTP/2.0 impossible.

I'm a printer guy, so my first thoughts are IPP and IPP USB (which provides a HTTP/1.1 transport over USB), but I am sure there are other users of HTTP/1.1 that could benefit from using HTTP/2.0 when it is supported but can't otherwise require it.