From: Roberto Peon [mailto:grmocg@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 11:16 AM
To: HTTP Working Group; tsvwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: The List (of application-layer desired features)

Actually sending to the right list for TSVWG...

-=R

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com<mailto:grmocg@gmail.com>> wrote:
For those of you who missed it, at the HTTPBis/TSVG joint session, a question about what applications want from the transport (I really want to put quotes around that) came up.

Here is a rendition of what was on the note that I jotted down in response to this question, and which I passed to people at the mic.

(Apps-folks want the following) Deployed in 1996:
- Prioritization
- Partial Reliability
- "Shared" congestion between multiple streams
- Security
- No HOL blocking on stream X when loss on stream Y
- Cheap/Fast  channel/connection setup
- Wide, "safe" deployment
- Competes with TCP/HTTP/1.1 (performance-wise)
- Multipath/roaming robustness, i.e. the "driveway" problem

I'll reiterate that by far the most important feature is "is deployed".
Nothing else matters until that is true, at least at the application-layer.
-=R

Email secured by Check Point