Re: PUSH Clarifications

On 6 August 2013 09:13, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2013-08-05 19:21, James M Snell wrote:

>> 2) Ought to only be an implied HEAD request if the originating request
>> is also a HEAD request. Otherwise, the PUSH is always a GET.
>

> Why?
> I think we discussed and liked an idea of HEAD->304 to update cache meta
> data.

Exactly! consider conditional gets: if the UA sends a GET I-M-S or a
GET I-N-M then the server can infer likely cached resources and PUSH a
HEAD->304for those resources the client probably has, and a GET->200
for those that are definitely new.

So I think originating GET leading to PUSH of GET and HEAD makes a lot of sense.

-Rob