Re: Feedback on TCP Fast Open?

Hey Willy!

Your description sounds very familiar. Please see this bug:
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=85229.

I am hesitant to open to the door to turning off preconnect in favor of TFO
(although it's definitely on the table). Preconnect has shown substantial
improvements in page load time. Indeed, it's one of our hugest improvements
ever. But I'm super sensitive to harming servers, and would love to get
details from any servers that are encountering issues. Please contact me if
you have details to share here.

And yes, the concern about the reliability of TFO is totally valid. And
that's another reason I'm hesitant to switch preconnect over to TFO because
preconnect Just Works from a client's perspective (yes, it may cost the
server).

Cheers.