Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-23, "6.3.6 205 Reset Content"

Yes, that was the intent. More specifically, generating chunked when there is no need to do so was considered far less interoperable than simply requiring C-L. We were able to make this a requirement because 205 was defined by the WG before any deployment.

....Roy