Re: HTTPS 2.0 without TLS extension?

On 23 July 2013 11:57, William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org> wrote:
> I find your argument for mandating HTTP Upgrade to HTTP/2.0 over TLS
> uncompelling. If others find it compelling, I would be interested in hearing
> so.

If we are going to enable variant modes of operation, then the
justification will need to be quite strong.  I don't believe that
there are many up-sides to this particular mode of operation that
would argue for its inclusion.

If all this comes down to is an inability to talk ALPN, maybe someone
can help us understand the situation that makes it difficult to deploy
that (I can imagine a few cases where this might be the case, but it
would be better to get to concrete cases).

I'll note that TLS + HTTP Upgrade is not the only option on the table
for people who find themselves wanting HTTP/2.0 but unable to deploy
ALPN.