Re: HTTPS 2.0 without TLS extension?

FWIW, it seems reasonable to me to have the spec allow HTTPS 2.0 without
TLS extension. If you want to Upgrade, be my guest. I have no plans for my
browser to support that, and I don't think Google servers will support it
either, because we care strongly about the advantages of TLS-ALPN vs
Upgrade.

IIRC, Twitter doesn't use NPN for the same reasons (lack of TLS extension
support on certain mobile clients). I believe they don't care about public
interop though, they just use dedicated VIPs with clients they control.