Re: Header compression question: duplicate header entry and current index on computing working set

>From the responses, I'm under the impression that reference set is the set
of reference to the entry in the header table, and not the set of
name/value pairs.
I am now convinced that multiple duplicate entries are no problem with this
method, well as long as the encoder and decoder uses this method.

Since the spec seems to infer that reference set is just a pair of name and
value (Appendix B shows only name/value pairs, not index), one may think
that the reference set is name/value pair set and do the sweep header table
to get index. The node-http2 implements this way.
If the encoder uses the method described above and decoder uses sweep, then
they may be out of sync if there is duplicate in the header table.
Personally I much prefer the first method since it avoids sweeps and string
matching.
But this problem only occurs when the encoder throws duplicate entry to the
header table and since it is buggy and even considered as "bug", so as long
as the encoder is good enough not to do this, there are no problem.

Best regards,

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa