Re: HTTP router point-of-view concerns

If one doesn't care about number of bytes on the wire, or if one doesn't
care about user-perceived latency, then obviously compression is a waste.
If one does care, then, especially on slower links, header compression does
a great deal to reduce latency as the HTTP metadata eats up a significant
fraction of available bandwidth on those links.

-=R