Re: Header compression question

Thanks for the clarification!

I see one more interesting case, that is somewhat more probable. The header
table and the
working set may become out of sync also when dropping entries from the
beginning of the
header table because of the size limitation. Renumbering happens, and some
entry in the
working set may shadow entries that are not related to them.

#  HT  WS          #  HT  WS
1  A               1  B              Referencing C and E
2  B   B     =>    2  C   B     =>   is not possible
3  C               3  D
4  D   D           4  E   D

However, I don't see this as a big problem as far as the implementation
counts with this.

  Gábor