INVALID_STREAM and STREAM_ALREADY_CLOSED

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:23:39 -0700
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Another error code question.

INVALID_STREAM indicates that a frame arrived for an "inactive" stream.

STREAM_ALREADY_CLOSED indicates that a frame arrived for a (half-)closed stream.

Both are unexpected frames.  My first inclination was to suggest
(again) that a single error code was appropriate.

However, if I read between the lines, INVALID_STREAM is as a result of
getting a frame prior to the first 'official' frame in the stream
(i.e., SYN_STREAM).  But the general design doesn't require that a
stream starts with any particular frame.

So I conclude that it only makes sense to have STREAM_ALREADY_CLOSED.