Re: DNS record support and draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr

Hi, Eliot - I suspect you expect me to be taking a larger interest in
this draft.

And indeed it is trying to solve an important problem, and indeed when
the is a http/2 draft marked for implementation, and when I have that
implementation, I hope to experiment with a DNS method to identify
servers. Upgrade isn't something I plan to implement which makes this
more important.

So let's keep that door open.

But this stage of the working group probably isn't the right place to
be standardizing something that nobody has any running code or
experience with. That's putting the cart before the horse. To the
extent that the design space needs to be aware of it, that's totally
cool.

I hope that explains why I'm interested in the work more than the
actual draft or wg process for it and I am certainly grateful for the
thought you've given the matter and the time it has taken to write it
down.

-P