Re: Choosing a header compression algorithm

On 22 March 2013 10:45, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct, delta2 uses a header group per host, however, the real benefits of
> this don't show up with the current streamifier, which removes the
> intermingling of requests to different hosts (which is a bit unrealistic,
> but does makes the graphs easier to parse visually).
> This can end up really mattering to the compression in the cases where there
> is some ping-ponging between different host headers.

Isn't this only a concern/advantage for the hop between a client and a
client-side proxy?  Requests toward different hosts are going to be on
their own connections in all other situations.  Origin servers are
unlikely to see any benefits from improved compression between hosts.

The question of reuse of a connection for different authorities is
still unresolved.  I know that  this is on some people's minds, but we
haven't seen any proposals, nor do I think we're ready to go there
just yet.