draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth-22, "2.2 Protection Space (Realm)"

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:34:10 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Hi there,

while looking into the RFC 2617 Basic issues with I18N of username /
password, I was reminded that we currently have a missing feature with
respect to "realm" -- there's no way to put non-ASCII characters here.

This may be perfectly fine for the use of partitioning the protection
space, but we know that UAs also use the realm when prompting.

Do we need to fix this in HTTPbis? If not, where? Extension spec?

Best regards, Julian