Re: WGLC p6 4.2.1

------ Original Message ------
From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To: "Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com>
Cc: "Amos Jeffries" <squid3@treenet.co.nz>; "ietf-http-wg@w3.org"
<ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Sent: 19/03/2013 12:17:38 a.m.
Subject: Re: WGLC p6 4.2.1
>In message <ema8b6f777-7b08-4723-b705-f55ab8fa61af@bombed>, "Adrien W.
>de Croy" writes:
>
>>for instance a cache receiving a request with If-Modified-Since later
>>than its own Last-Modified, may presume the client has a later copy,
>>and
>>discard its own copy.
>
>Uhm, so you're saying I can clean the entire cache with bogos IMS
>requests ?

that's not the point.

There could be any number of ways a cache could be depending on the
current specification which requires that IMS came from a previous LM.

We're looking to change that between v20 and v21 just before last call.
In a sub-part of the spec.

I think it's a non-trivial change, and deserves more discussion, and is
possibly beyond the mandate for httpbis.