Re: Dealing with bad server chunking

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, Adrien W. de Croy wrote:

> we have recently had issues with a site where the server sends chunked
> (in fact we never see a packet with this).
>
> WinGate detects this as an abortive close, and if there were any filters
> processing the stream, they are reset, and the data may not go to the
> client.
>
> However, client browsers typically "forgive" this transgression without any
> sort of warning.  Should we be making more forceful suggestions about this
> in the specs?

IMHO, a broken transfer is a broken transfer. How can you know it is only a 0
chunk that is missing and not any further chunks?

If browsers don't warn about broken transfers then I think that's their choice
but it is not saying that it was a fine transfer as far as the actual HTTP
transfer goes.

(lib)curl will return an error for this case.

  / daniel.haxx.se