Re: Preference-Applied Response Header

Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2013-03-07 15:32, Ken Murchison wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Its not overly important, but as I was coding this up, I started
>> wondering how to categorize this response header in httpbis-22 terms.
>> Would this header be considered part of Control Data, Response Context,
>> Representation Metadata, or something else?  Right now, I'm leaning
>> towards Control Data since Prefer is similar to Expect which is
>> categorized as a Control.
>>
>> And while we're at it, what about these WebDAV response headers:
>>
>> DAV: similar to Allow => Response Context?
>
> Si.
>
>> Lock-Token: used in conditional requests => Validator?
>
> Nope, lock tokens (for the purpose of validation) are passed using "If"...

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't the presence of "if" make a method
conditional?  The execution of state-changing method on a locked
resource is conditional upon validation of the correct lock-token in the
"If" header (or "Lock-Token" in the case of UNLOCK).

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer