Re: HTTP/2 Header Encoding Status Update

From: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:58:00 +0100
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
CC: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On 3/4/13 3:21 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <loom.20130304T122610-306@post.gmane.org>, Nicolas Mailhot writes:
>
>> Also would if be possible to ask one of the IETF workgroups that worked on time
>> subjects to propose a time format safe wrt leap seconds and such?
> At present there are no relevant time formats which are leap-second safe.
>

>From a *format* perspective, at least ISO-8601 and RFC-5322 (Message
Format) are examples where leap-seconds are supported.  I don't know all
time formats.  It's quite possible some standards have made it up as
they went along, and just blew that play.  When talking about seconds
from an epoch, it seems to me that if the second occurred it should be
counted, but I would suspect there already is a standard there as well,
and we should follow it.  What would Linux do? ;-)

Eliot