Re: HTTP/2 Header Encoding Status Update

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:12:25 -0800
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Not much really... assuming we're representing the value as a 64-bit
long, the maximum number of uvarint bytes we can ever encode for each
date is 10. Using the original epoch, I think we use six bytes
currently. The new epoch uses five. As it is, the use of the uvarint
gives us plenty of room to grow with or without the new epoch so I'd
be perfectly fine without that detail.

- James