Re: Upgrade status for impl draft 1

From: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:44:55 +0100
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
CC: "William Chan (ι™ˆζ™Ίζ˜Œ)" <willchan@chromium.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Ted, the problem is that then we are essentially requiring TLS for
implementation of HTTP 2.0.  We've said we're not going to do that.  But
also, the problem you describe is within control of both clients (albeit
with a linkage to DNSSEC) and servers by not linking two secure and
insecure services.  Ultimately what is proposed represents no change
because the server itself has to provide whatever capability we're