Re: Giving the Framing Layer a real name

From: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:51:39 -0800
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>
Then you can't do websockets, etc or whatever other protocol (maybe video?,
who knows) the web platform decides to do in the future on the same
socket/session.

That would be a poor tradeoff.. and for what gain?
What is the additional complexity of having the framing allow for non HTTP
semantics?
-=R