Re: Giving the Framing Layer a real name

From: Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:49:07 -0800
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Good point; this layering made sense when it was a protocol separate from
HTTP, but now it makes little sense.

Question - will the final HTTP/2.0 specification need to re-include all of
HTTP/1.1?  I assume not, and it will simply reference it?

My vote would be to nuke the layering and instead fold section 4 (the HTTP
Layering) into the appropriate sections of the framing layer.  Trying to
make these generic frames seems like a distraction, and it would be simpler
for folks to read if these were just the basics of HTTP framing.

Mike