Re: Upgrade status for impl draft 1

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:56:09 +1100
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>

On 22/02/2013, at 6:02 PM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> I'm still having a problem with the principle behind 2b : when you
> pass through transparent intercepting proxies, by definition you're
> not aware of it. So even if 2a worked for the first connection, it
> does not preclude that 2b will work for the second one. Nor the DNS
> will BTW.

Sorry, I wasn't clear; that would be for cases where you had a high degree of confidence that not only was HTTP/2.0 able to be spoken, but where you have an even higher degree of confidence that HTTP/1.x is NOT; e.g., a separate port (that you might have discovered through DNS, for example).

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/