Re: Upgrade status for impl draft 1

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 03:33:23PM +0100, Eliot Lear wrote:
> Willy,
>
> Putting aside the rest of your post...
>
> On 2/22/13 8:02 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > If 2->1 proxies
> > are deployed, then we lose all benefits for 2.0 by terminating the
> > optimizations close to the client.
>
>  Consider the case of 3G clients, where header compression might
> actually provide 3g (and other low bandwidth) h/w a boost.

I'm well aware of this one, but it's already covered by devices installed
in place at providers, and would be much better handled by having an
explicit proxy configured (to save a DNS lookup and optimize connection
reuse) than just relying on the magic we need to detect the rest of the
world's compatibility.

Regards,
Willy