SYN_REPLY

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:04:06 -0800
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I'm looking at the HTTP/2.0 streaming layer and it's not clear to me
what value SYN_REPLY adds.

SYN_STREAM establishes priority for a stream (and that's all!).
SYN_REPLY doesn't have the power of refusal, that's what RST_STREAM is
for.

There's no need to have a special declaration that a stream is
starting, the first message on a stream should be a clear enough
indication of that.

It does carry headers, but HEADERS does a bang-up job of that.  In all
other respects, SYN_REPLY and HEADERS are identical.

Do we even need the SYN_REPLY frame type?