Re: #428 Accept-Language ordering for identical qvalues

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:08:45 -0700
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "Julian F. Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
"Roy T. Fielding" wrote:

> Regarding proactive negotiation in HTTP/2, I'll note that Waka
> strips all negotiation fields.  I find the entire feature revolting,
> from every architectural perspective, and would take the opportunity
> of 2.x to remove it entirely.

That's a bold statement!  I'm surprised at the source --  I was under
the impression that the late binding of representation to resource was
a key feature of REST, and would therefore also be part of Waka?  This
isn't the place for such a discussion, but I was hoping you'd enlighten
us as to your thinking, either on your blog or here: