RE: proposed WINDOW_UPDATE text for session flow control windows

From my understanding, when the recipient has consumed some data from a stream, it needs to send two WINDOW_UPDATE frames to notify the sender:
- One for updating the stream window size.
- One for updating the session window size.

These two frames could be merged into one by stating that a WINDOW_UPDATE for a stream window also applies to the session window.
This impacts the WINDOW_UPDATE frames received for a closed stream: they should still be applied to the session window.

I find that sending only one WINDOW_UPDATE frame is slightly better from the design point of view. I'm not sure of the impact at the implementation level. I would think it is better to process one "complex" frame than two "simple" ones.

Opinions?

Herv¨¦.