Re: Delta Compression and UTF-8 Header Values

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 22:22:38 +1100
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Not picking on anyone in particular here, but you guys seem to be going in circles (as this is message 49 in this thread, by my count).

Deciding to re-encode EXISTING protocol artefacts is a big decision that should not be taken lightly.

As such, it's not much good use of your time to ponder on the minutia of different ways to do it until we actually make that decision.

Of course, if that's what floats your boats, by all means. It's just that we have a plan to get to a first implementation draft (which does NOT include this), and a lot to do to get there, and I don't see how hyper-focusing on this issue right now helps.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/