Re: Framing and control-frame continuations

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Martin Thomson wrote:

> One potential concern with this is that the opaque id is too small. We
> haven't discussed this, but the current design relies on the fact that
> stream identifiers are not reused. A 16 bit id would lead to connections
> being rendered useless very quickly. Jeff mentioned that even at 31 bits,
> this happens too often anyway.
>
> That could mean that we need to consider other options anyway, but I
> thought the information useful to surface, regardless.

I was concerned abut the 16bit Opaque ID as well, it seems small to me.

I also noted a comment when this frame header was suggested that frame
data must be a minimum of 16 bits. I'm perhaps not yet aware of the
bigger picture, but I don't understand that constraint. But it is
a desire to maintain 64bit alignment, then just expand the ID and remove
the 16 bit minimum constraing.