Methods unique token Re: Do we kill the "Host:" header in HTTP/2 ?

Le 1 févr. 2013 à 05:06, Poul-Henning Kamp a écrit :
> We could even decide to encode the HTTP "GET" method simply as "G",
> "POST" as "P" etc. while still leaving room in the protocol for
> somebody to implement a custom "FOOBAR" method of their own.

Almost. The issue is POST and PUT with P. Two letters could do the job.
That said GET, POST and HEAD are massively used compared to the others, so maybe there's room to change PUT identifier as U, but that would confuse people and implementers.

C CO CONNECT
D DE DELETE
G GE GET
H HE HEAD