Re: [httpbis] #223: Allowing heuristic caching for new status codes

I'm in Changai airport right now, and not in any position to tweak.

The overall approach may be workable, but the thing that immediately leaps out at me is the new, magical semantics for public.  No cache behaves like that to my knowledge, and furthermore it's pretty useless; if an origin is going to go to the trouble to mark something public, it can assign an explicit freshness lifetime.

Please hold publication until we work through this; there's no sense in publishing two drafts in as many days. I'll be in Tokyo tomorrow and with any luck we can work through this reasonably quickly; might've worth it todo a quick Skype or FaceTime call.

I'm genuinely surprised my iPad didn't autocorrect a trademark after FaceTime there. And iPad.

--
Mark Nottingham  http://www.mnot.net/