Re: The use of binary data in any part of HTTP 2.0 is not good

From: (wrong string) 陈智昌 <willchan@chromium.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:55:19 -0800
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "Adrien W. de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com>, Pablo <paa.listas@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Maybe it falls upon me to be the voice of concern here :) Depending on
what a "debug" option entails, I'm worried about it being used to
disable a performance feature. As an example of how options can be
dangerous, we've seen intermediaries that strip out Accept-Encoding
headers in order to force responses to be uncompressed (probably so
they can inspect the payloads more easily/cheaply), which is an issue
from a web performance perspective.

Back to the use case, if you're in a position to use the debug option,
is it likely that you would not also be in a position to capture
enough to decode? I'd like to understand the use case so I can
properly weigh the benefit of such an option, in contrast to the cost
that I highlighted above.