Re: FYI: Tools to evaluate header compression algorithms

From: Frédéric Kayser <f.kayser@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 23:25:49 +0100 (CET)
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hello,
there's something I don't get, I would like to try other compression algorithms, but those are written in plain old C or assembly, sample_exec_codec.py is in Python... how I am supposed to hook something in there?

Adding New Compression Algorithms

If you wish to implement a new codec, there are two easy approaches.

1) Develop it in Python. New modules should be subdirectories of 'compressor', and should inherit from BaseProcessor there.

2) Develop it in another language, and use the 'fork' module to execute it in a separate process. See 'sample_exec_codec.py' for an example of this; it can be run like this:

./compare_compressors.py -c fork="sample_exec_codec.py" file.har