Re: Issue re. HTTP2 STREAM and HEADER block use same end bit polarity

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:13:05 -0700
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 18 June 2013 13:42, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> END_MESSAGE indicates the end of a message, which could be metadata only, or
> it could be metadata+data.

The term "message" has not been defined.  I believe that is the
problem here.  (We actually removed that word from the draft for that
precise reason).

I never imagined a definition of message that resembled that, since
HTTP message =~ all the on-stream frames.  I know that you have
something in mind for websockets, but I'm not sure that I like the
reuse of HEADERS for the purpose of providing WS message/frame
headers, but that's a whole new discussion.

I understand what you are doing now.  I don't think that we should add
the flag until we can properly explain what it means.