Until HTTP header when the representation will disappear in the future

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:45:15 +0900
To: IETF HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

I was wondering if people had already imagined a mechanism to warn about the decay, or the non persistence of a URI. No bikeshed yet about the name let's call it "zardoz" instead of "Valid-until".

Let's say a document will be obsolete for legal reasons, contests, sunsetting Web sites or APIs, etc. after midnight on June 24 and I want to say to user agent that it will be 410 Gone after this date and/or a temporary redirect will be finished at a precise date (maintenance for example).

→ http HEAD http://example.org/

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Cache-Control: max-age=600