Re: Design Issue: GZIP flag on DATA Frames

* James M Snell wrote:
>This does not preclude the use of alternative compression schemes. If
>someone chooses, it would be possible, for instance, to continue using
>accept-/content-/transfer-encoding at the http semantic layer and
>simply not set the GZIP flag on the DATA frame.

Having a "gzip flag" as, in effect, a shorthand for using those headers
would make it very clear how to deploy alternative compression schemes,
and would indeed address my concerns. I understood Poul-Henning Kamp to
be considering going one step further and offering no means to define
new compression schemes.