RE: How to pronounce "charset"?

Personally, I think “charset” is a reference to the media type parameter name, and that even in a translation to Korean, it might be better to call it “charset” in Roman letters.

You wouldn’t translate other protocol parameter names, why “charset” ?

From: Paul Hoffman [mailto:paul.hoffman@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:33 PM
To: semtlenori@gmail.com
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: How to pronounce "charset"?

Clearly from the replies, so far, the answer is both "char set" and "care set". Feel free to make fun of how standards nerds can never agree on the pronunciation of important words. (Over on another layer, about 20% of the people in the Routing Area pronounce it as if it were the Rooting Area. I'm sure there are other examples.)
--Paul Hoffman