WGLC p1: MUST fix Content-Length?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 23:53:28 -0600
To: IETF HTTP WG <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hello,

    When talking about a Content-Length header field with multiple
identical values, Part 1 Section 3.3.2 of HTTPbis says:

> the recipient MUST either reject the message as invalid or
> replace the duplicated field-values with a single valid
> Content-Length field containing that decimal value prior to
> determining the message body length.

It is not clear whether "recipient MUST replace" (a requirement on the
recipient) also implies that "a sender MUST replace [...] when
forwarding the message" (a requirement on the sender). This issue has
been raised on 2011/11/28, but the discussion diverged, and I could not
tell whether there was a consensus on what the correct interpretation is.

Please decide whether a proxy MUST "fix" such Content-Length headers
when forwarding the message and adjust the above text to clarify one way
or another.

Thank you,

Alex.