Re: p2: Accept-Language missing, empty or no match

* Mark Nottingham wrote:
>Good point.
>
>how about:
>
>"""
>A request without any Accept-Language header field implies that the user
>agent will accept any language in response. If an Accept-Language header
>field is present in a request and none of the available representations
>for the response have a language tag that is listed as acceptable, the
>origin server MAY either disregard the Accept header field by treating
>the response as if it is not subject to content negotiation, or honor
>the Accept header field by sending a 406 (Not Acceptable) response.
>However, the latter is not encouraged, as doing so can prevent users
>from accessing content that they might be able to use (with translation
>software, for example).
>"""

Two cases of s/Accept/Accept-Language/. "MAY either ... or ..." is bad
usage of RFC 2119 terms. And I don't like the implication that sending
anything other than 406 is "not honoring" the Accept-Language header.
But this is close enough to say "works for me".

Thanks,