Re: p7: forwarding Proxy-*

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:04:53PM +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Well, they're listed as hop-by-hop in 2616, and AFAICT we haven't explicitly
> discussed changing that.

Maybe because at the time 2616 was written, intermediaries were almost only
proxies. But I agree with Roy here, if I install haproxy to load-balance a
squid farm, the proxy-auth headers are for squid and not for haproxy. So it's
not hop-by-hop, it's for the first explicit proxy in the chain. So I agree
with Roy here.

> Are you saying that they shouldn't be included in Connection, ever?

I would personally suggest so.

Willy