Re: Request: Have git commit messages for design changes include links to relevant discussion email threads

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:11:01 +1000
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
To: William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org>
Yep, this is good practice. Editors, Github will automatically do this if you reference the issue with "#"; e.g.,

"Change Foo to Bar; see #555."

Also, you can use "fixes" or "closes" to close the related issue. Please be careful when doing so with design issues, as we need to make sure they're properly accounted for. See: <https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages>

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/