Re: p7: editorial suggestions

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 17:49:05 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2013-04-23 07:09, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Also, the requirements and considerations for registries in our other parts are defined in the IANA Considerations section; here, they're defined in the main document (2.3). Why the difference?

This used to be consistent (in the main document), but it changed some
time ago in P1, P2, P4 and P5.

P6 (Cache-Control Extensions) and P7 (Auth schemes) still have them in
the main document.

Consistency would be good, yes. I personally *prefer* the original
placement, because "IANA Considerations" is really *that* and nothing
more; the considerations for extensions really are important completely
independently of whether somethings gets registered with IANA or not.

Best regards, Julian