Design Issue: Which frames are allowed to reference Stream ID #0 and which aren't?

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:28:29 -0700
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
One can look at the various frame types and determine which are
obviously intended for use with streams and which are for the session
but we need to be clear on exactly what happens when various types of
frames reference Stream ID #0.

For instance, if a DATA frame reference Stream ID #0, I would say that
the result MUST be a protocol error. (Likewise with HEADERS frames)

Likewise, what exactly does it mean for a PING Frame to specify a
Stream Identifier? Or are all PING Frames required to use Stream ID
#0?

- James