Re: p2: Expectation extensions

* Mark Nottingham wrote:
>p2 5.1.1 requires that an unrecognised expectation be replied to with a 417 Expectation Failed.
>
>In my testing, it's fairly common for servers to ignore an unregistered expectation (e.g., "foo").
>
>Given how many problems we already have with Expect, should we consider
>disallowing further extensions here, and removing this requirement?

I would like to see a proper rewrite of the specification text here. In
general, I would disagree with changes as you propose; for instance, re-
moving the requirement entirely would seem to make it difficult to un-
derstand what the original idea behind `Expect` was, and it would seem
that pointing out interoperability problems with respect to `Expect` is
sufficient to discourage extensions; why should we forbid future experi-
ments that depend on `Expect` beyond that?