Design Issue: PUSH_PROMISE and Stream Priority

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:03:08 -0700
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/75

The current draft (-02) says, "The endpoint establishing a new stream
can assign a priority for the stream."

However, the spec does not define how a stream established using
PUSH_PROMISE can assign the priority for a stream, nor does the spec
discuss whether the notion of stream priority applies to push streams.

The spec currently states that PUSH_PROMISE is followed later on by a
HEADERS frame.

If priority applies to push streams, then we need to add that priority
can be assigned by allowing the use of a HEADERS+PRIORITY frame.
Otherwise, we need to clarify the spec text to say that push streams
have no priority.