p2: Content-Length in HEAD responses

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:41:01 +1000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
p2 4.3.2 says:

    Aside from the payload header fields (Section 3.3), the server SHOULD send the same header fields in response to a HEAD request as it would have sent if the request had been a GET.

The payload header fields include Content-Length, which in my testing is pretty common in HEAD responses. Was this an oversight, or intentional?

(We already have an exception for HEAD responses in p1's message body length algorithm, section 3.3.3).

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/