Re: fyi: IETF conflict review results for draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 17:20:28 +0100 (CET)
To: HTTP State <http-state@ietf.org>
cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, =JeffH <Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com>
On Thu, 6 Dec 2012, =JeffH wrote:

(I removed a few receivers, leaving http-state and ietf-http-wg only.)

> The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'SCS: Secure Cookie Sessions
> for HTTP' <draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol-08.txt> as an Informational
> RFC.

I'm curious if this work has been done in cooperation with any particular HTTP
client or server vendor/author. Is there anyone "backing" this protocol and
who is going to or perhaps already have implemented/deployed it in the wild?

I'm personally involved with libcurl, but I have no plans in walking down this
path unless there's at least some _potential_ use of it...

--

  / daniel.haxx.se