draft-snell-http-prefer-17 feedback

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:42:20 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
CC: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Hi there,

reminder: this draft has changed considerably since IETF Last Call. See
the diffs over here:

And yes, that's a huge diff considering the size of the document.

1) s/Prefer header field/Prefer header filed/

2) I don't think it's a good idea to use currently unregistered media
types in the examples (application/json and text/patch)

3) In Section 1:

>    Another option available to clients is to utilize Request URI query-
>    string parameters to express preferences.  Doing so, however, results
>    in a variety of issues affecting the cacheability of responses.

That's misleading, as the presence of query parameters (per spec) does
not affect the cacheability of results (see also

Otherwise, the changes look good to me.

Best regards, Julian