Re: WGLC method-registrations comment

From: Martin Nilsson <nilsson@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:52:49 +0100
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:48:18 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

> On 2012-10-31 14:37, Martin Nilsson wrote:
>>
>> I think it would be helpful if there were clear references to the
>> definitions of the terms "Safe" and "Idempotent"
>> (draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics 5.2.1 and 5.2.2), in appendix A or the
>> introduction.
>>
>> /Martin Nilsson
>
> Hmm.
>
> Helpful to whom? After all, this document is of purely administrative
> nature (fill the registry). All that's relevant here should be that the
> instructions to IANA are correct, and that the contents of the
> registration table is correct.

Helpful to any reader that isn't well familiar with the contents of
draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics when they stumble upon this document, be
it through a search hit or a WGLC message. But it's not a big deal. They
can do what I did: search the document for more occurrences of "safe" and
then start searching through the references.

/Martin Nilsson