Re: #238, was: User interface requirements for redirecting to unsafe methods

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:16:44 +1100
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

On 23/10/2012, at 7:56 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> As a matter of process, I wish I could have been notified in some more active way about the resolution when the ticket was resolved. Since it was resolved several years after I raised the issue, I was no longer monitoring the WG closely enough to notice. Had I been aware of the resolution, I likely would have spotted the error (i.e. that one of four mentions of confirmation was not addressed).

That's not our process. We use the issue tracker as a convenience (as we do the diffs, the announcements, the change logs, etc.), but ultimately if you care about a particular bit of the text, you need to track it. Hence, the Last Calls (whereupon you *did* spot the error).

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/